Friday, June 15, 2012

Pony Farm Summer Camp – Waiting for Summer


Pony Farm Summer Camp – Waiting for Summer

On days like these at Touchstone Farm, I stare out the window with the sun beaming on my face, and I close my eyes and dream of summer. I think about opening day and girls running up the driveway to see which horse they are on, what room they are in, and who their room counselor will be.

Then they see a friend and give a shrill cry that only a young girl can! They run and hug their long lost friend. Their conversation picks up right where it left off last summer. They talk about ponies, horses, and inside jokes only they get, like OAPF, Dear Appaloosa and so many more.

I can’t wait to see you all!

I get to rehash summer when I give camp tours. But it isn’t the same. I explain Snipe Hunts, ice-cream troughs, personal scavenger hunts and more, but it isn’t the same without you here. People politely smile and giggle at the stories, but I wish you all were here to share your favorite story and the magic of the farm. Summer is only 8 weeks and 2 days away! I keep counting down the days, and I am waiting for the day that I will see you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment