Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Camp Testimonial - The Power Of Camp

Dear Camp Families,

I got this e-mail from a camp family over the weekend.  I wanted to share it with you as a testimonial as to what camp can do for campers both involving ponies and not.   Camp is very powerful and very important for children.  Hopefully this e-mail will serve as a reminder.  I read this at my Monday morning staff meeting and tried not to cry.  

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Best,
Becky


Dear Becky;
I wanted to write to you today to express my gratitude for the time my camper spent at Pony Farm; she talked about all her adventures, non-stop the entire 2hr+ drive home! In addition to having had a complete blast with camp and all the wonderful activities you have to offer, my camper is now trotting independently. We now have with us a completely different rider than we sent just one week ago. For the first time in a year, we were able to ride together in the indoor this morning at her request. She became my ‘instructor’ and led the warm ups, and then we played follow the leader and Simon Says. She then asked to go on a trail ride, without being ponied. She and Jazz did a fantastic job even trotting out in the open at her request. I can’t begin to explain what a transformation this is. I am sure this new confidence gained will carry over into other areas of her life as well. Please pass along my appreciation to each of her instructors as well as the rest of the staff for a transformation week we could have only hoped for.
Warmly;
A Camp Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment