Friday, May 4, 2012


Pony Farm Summer Camp –Just Call Me Form Girl!

Camp parents, I am not sure how to break it to you, but you may think you are filling out more forms for your camper to come to riding camp than you will for college.

What’s with all the paperwork, you ask? We want your camper’s experience at Pony Farm Summer Camp to be safe, happy, and fun. To pull that off, we need a lot of information about your camper: emergency contacts, health information (such as allergies or medications), dietary needs, experience with horses and riding, right down to whether your camper is outgoing or shy.

We do use all the information we ask you for. For example, the completed forms help us make good roommate assignments for your camper. We use the forms to assign her to a horse or pony she’ll enjoy riding and to place her in a lesson group with others who have similar riding experience. Medical and dietary information help us ensure that she is healthy and safe during her camp experience.

And I love camp forms! I love organizing them, paper clipping them, making check marks in columns confirming I have your camper’s Covenant, Camper Release and so on. Finally, I highlight your camper’s name when I know I have everything I need from you.

The best part of camper forms is getting to know your camper before she arrives. The forms tell me about her likes and dislikes, what she wants to do at camp and what she doesn’t want to do at camp.

You can find them on the website, http://www.touchstone-farm.org/pony-farm-summer-camp/camp-forms-and-information. Happy writing!  Please send in your camper forms as soon as you can! We would like to receive them from you by June 1st.

-Becky Co-Camp Director






No comments:

Post a Comment