Wednesday, August 15, 2012

It has been a busy summer and I have been so awful about blogging. I am SO sorry!  It is not that I haven’t had blog ideas or things to share, it is just well... I don’t know I have a laundry list of reasons the main one being ACA (American Camping Association).  This year was/is an accreditation year for our camp to become ACA accredited again..  There are over 290 standards; many with multiple sections to one standard.   The whole process has been quite time consuming as I am sure you can imagine.  The good news is that the whole process is over and we got like a 99%.   We won’t get our official score till November, but we missed a sentence to a standard that had to be written. So the 99% is my guess.  So that is what has been taking up my time and this other little thing called Pony Farm Summer Camp; which I am sure is what you really want to hear about anyway.

We have the cutest group of girls this session; they are also the youngest of the summer.  It is a nice way to end the summer with a group of great camper’s that love their ponies and horses.  We have all the right campers on the right mount.  The girls are getting along beautifully with their roommats.  It is just a nice group of girls.  We have had a busy so far and there are more things to come!  So far we have done lessons, swim tests, bareback riding, Bubba Stories, Ice - cream Trough, Fashion Show, Small Animals, Pony Dress Up, Gymkhana, Budweiser and more!

Tomorrow we are hoping the weather holds and we are able to go swimming with the horses!  Keep your fingers crossed for us!  I keep watching the different weather sites and apps, and feel like I could be a meteorologist.  We will keep keeping an eye on the radar and an eye on your children.

Till tomorrow!
Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment