Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tuesdays with Boo

[Editor's note: Boo penned a quick "postcard" between two family trips. Once again, her chronologically challenged editor missed posting her message on a Tuesday.]

Many hands make light work at barn chores.
Just home from Disney World with my older daughter Jamee and the grand kids…and GRAND they are. I loved every minute of the time with them and at Disney. Am off tomorrow at 6AM to take Ian, my youngest son, to Georgia where he'll begin hiking the Appalachian Trail.

It is so great to see my own children work hard, play hard, plan hard and parent well. Ella, my younger daughter, who has built a successful life for herself in New York City, says she learned everything she ever needed to know during barn chores at Pony Farm.

Ella remembers asking “What more can I do?” Happily all my kids, and even better, my grandkids now ask “What more can I do?” What a great and simple motto for life!

Carriage driving and team work go hand-in-hand.
As I think about four generations on the farm…and “What more can I do” while loving the farm…and all it stands for, I smile. What could be better!?! I feel so fortunate and so blessed not only to have such a great family, but to have such a wonderful extended “Farm Family”!

The feeling of doing it right and making every "cast member" count feels very similar to what Walt Disney felt about his beloved dream. Great adventure, excellent value for one’s hard earned dollar, a sense of belonging, all the while taking care of the world we live in and love. What could be better?

I hope you will come see us soon…and be part of our most wonderful Farm Family. We are “Keeping the Light On" for YOU!!!
 
Love,

Boo

A horse show day at Pony Farm!
P.S. We welcome you to the farm any time, but if you think you need a reason, how about joining us for the Family Spring Fling weekend in April or the Pony Farm Alumnae weekend in June? We've also got summer horse shows scheduled - check out the farm calendar for all our doings!

P.P.S. If you're local, stop by on March 15 for our Spring Lesson Open House. Even if you're just there to say "hi," we would love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment