Monday, June 27, 2016

Meet the Staff Monday - Session 2

Hello wonderful camp families!

While your daughters are settling in at Pony Farm, we thought we'd share a bit about the awesome staff who they are just beginning to meet. Welcome to Meet the Staff Monday!
Becky Sanborn Hawkes – Pony Farm Camp Director
Becky is the Director of Pony Farm Summer Camp.  Becky got married this past Fall to her Mikey.  She enjoys coming to camp with her fur child, Gunner!  In Becky’s down time she enjoys teaching second grade in Wilton.  This will make Becky’s 17th year on the farm!  In her spare time she enjoys reading, swimming, cooking, and hiking!
I have a conviction that a few weeks spent in a well organized summer camp may be of more value educationally than a whole year of formal school work.
-Charles Elliot,  Former President of Harvard University



Camp Leaders

Diana Zoltko, BSN, RN, NCSN
This is my third year as the Pony Farm head nurse. I also work 3 nights a week with the girls by facilitating evening activities. I grew up in Central Maine but I currently live in Wilton, NH with my husband and four children. I have a sophomore in college, a junior in high school, a fourth grader, and a kindergartener! I love reading and board games. I am currently pursuing my Master in Nursing Education.

Hey Everyone! My name is Meg Rothnie and I'll be assisting Becky organizing and running camp this summer!  I started coming to Pony Farm when I was 7 years old and have been very close to the farm ever since (I'm 33 now)! I live in Charleston, South Carolina, but I'll be spending the whole summer at Pony Farm and living in the Homestead! I am in the process of becoming a PATH certified therapeutic riding instructor and I ride and show my horse "Sweet T" down south. My favorite pony at Pony Farm is Maggie, who I used to own when she (and I) were quite a bit younger! But all the horses and ponies are fantastic. I can't wait to meet you all and have a super duper summer!!

Senior Staff





Hi! My name is Eryn, I'm from Amherst, New Hampshire where I live with my older sister, Taylor, my mother, stepfather, my dog, Cooper, and my cat, Winston. I have been riding for thirteen years now. I also enjoy playing volleyball, going on hikes with Cooper, and teaching myself to play the piano. I am a sophomore at the University of New England for occupational therapy. This year I will be a second year senior staff member at Pony Farm! My favorite horse is Charlie and my favorite activity with the horses is to go swimming with them! I can't wait to see everyone again this summer!
Hi:) my name is Breana Lloyd and I eighteen years old. I have a fifteen year old brother and very supportive parents. I am from a small town in New Hampshire, called Rindge. I graduated this year from Conant Highschool and will be attending New England College in the Fall, as a pre-med major. I love working with kids and horses alike. My favorite horse on the farm is Merle, the mustang. This will be my first year as a member of the senior staff and I look forward to having a blast this summer with y'all.

Hi! My name is Jillian Campbell, campers usually call me JillI am from Wellesley, MA, and I just graduated from Dana Hall. For the past ten years, I have spent every summer at Pony Farm, both as a camper and as staff. This year I will be senior staff. My favorite pony is Sticky (she was the first horse I rode at camp!) I love to hike, play frisbee, and ski. I am super excited about this year at camp, and can’t wait for the summer to begin! 


My name is Lucy Anderson, and this summer will be my eighth year at Camp Pony Farm and first year as senior staff! I am a high school senior and live in the beautiful town of Shelburne, Vermont. I love to spend time training ponies, horse showing, teaching kids to ride, hiking, reading, and hanging out with friends and family! I can't wait to spend this summer having fun with the best staff, campers, and horses in the world!



Hi my name is Nora, I am from Boston, and I am so excited for camp this summer! This will be my 10th summer at Pony Farm, for the past three years I have been a CIT, and this year will be my first as Senior Staff! I have so many favorite horses and ponies at Pony Farm, but Blue will always hold a special place in my heart because I rode him when I was a camper. Some things that I do outside of horseback riding are playing lacrosse, working at the New England Aquarium, and playing guitar with my friends.


My name is Becky Ohman! This will be my eighth year at camp, and I’m a member of the Senior Staff. I’m obsessed with every horse on the farm, but our wild mustang Merle holds a special place in my heart. I’m from the suburbs of Boston, but I’m at college in DC right now. When I’m not riding, I love reading, exploring, spending time with my friends, and hanging out at the barn. I can’t wait for an unforgettable summer at my favorite place in the world!
Counselors in Training (CITS)




My name is Sophia and I am a 3rd year CIT. This summer will be my 5th year on the farm. I live on a small farm in Dover, MA with my horses, sheep, cats, rabbits, dog, and four siblings. When I am not riding, I like to ski race and run cross-country. I can’t wait to meet you all this summer!
My name is Katya, and Pony Farm is the highlight of my year every summer. This summer will be my ninth year coming to pony farm, and my first year as a CIT! I cannot wait, I'm really looking forward to meeting all of the amazing new campers, seeing my summer friends, and getting to know the new horses as well as seeing my favorites! Peaches was the first pony I rode at camp, and she holds a very dear spot in my heart. Chunk is my favorite because he is so sweet and has quite a personality! The horses at the farm are the sweetest ones I have met, and they make camp really special. I will be a junior in high school next year, and I live in Cambridge Massachusetts. Outside of camp, I volunteer at a therapeutic riding program every week, and dance almost every day. (I'm the one on the right!)




Hi, my name is Eliana Sonderling and I’m from Newton, MA. This will be my 2nd year as a CIT, but my 4th summer at Pony Farm. My favorite horse at Pony Farm is Charlie! In my family, I am one of five children and my sister, Aria, also attends Pony Farm. I have two dogs (Eden & Levi Wolf) and one hamster (Geoffrey). My hobby is Girl fit (a girls-only fitness class) and my favorite quotation is said by Hermione Granger in the Prisoner of Azkaban: "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?”




Hi I am Jacqui! I have been on the farm for five years. I don’t usually choose favorite ponies or horses, but if I had to choose a favorite it would probably be Gretta! I am from Nantucket Island, which is thirty miles away from the mainland. This year I will be 1 st year CIT. I have one brother named Johnny, and he is 10 years old. I also have a hedgehog named Nutmeg, two dogs named Gus, and Charles, and my brother has a lizard named Rango.

I'm Laura and I'm from Arizona. This will be my fourth summer at Pony Farm and my first year as a counselor. I'm really looking forward to it. One of my favorite horses is Gruffy and my favorite pony is Annie. I also enjoy reading and playing the cello. As an only child, I love coming to camp to spend time with friends who I would consider sisters. 

Hi, I’m Lena! I've been coming to pony farm for 7 years, and will be a 3rd year CIT. I'm from Chestnut Hill, MA, have 2 younger sisters, and 2 dogs.



Hi! I’m Daphne Maniatis. This is my third year on the farm, I’m a first year CIT, and my favorite horse on the farm is Gruffy. I’m from Chevy Chase, Maryland, and I live with my parents and my dog, Penny Pickles. I (obviously) love horseback riding, but when I’m not at the barn, I enjoy reading, listening to music, and hanging out with my friends. I’m super exited to be spending part of my summer at Pony Farm, and I hope it’ll be the best year yet!



Hi my name is Rachel Wasilewski! I live in Newton, MA. I've been coming to Pony Farm for eight years and this will be my second year as a CIT. My favorite ponies on the farm are Duncan (even though he's not a pony he's a donkey) and Twilight. Some of my favorite activities to do during camp are personal scavenger hunt, swimming with the horses, and battle of the boy bands. When I'm not on the farm, you can find spending time with my horse Jameson, playing volleyball, or with my family/friends. Pony Farm is always the highlight of my year, and I hope it brings you as much joy as it brings me!

No comments:

Post a Comment