Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Session 2 - Your daughters are rock stars!

Dear Camp Families,

Your children are rock stars!  There I said it!  Session 1 was amazing and one of the best ones we have had in many years, but session 2….you are blowing my socks off!  These girls are fun, kind, outgoing, amazing team players, and friends to their fellow campers!  They are everything you could dream of as a camp director.  For example, yesterday morning at 8:45 am the down stairs barn was RUNNING up the hill to the lodge, because they were done with barn chores already!  This is unheard of!  Down stairs barn is the largest barn and they are often the last ones up to the lodge. But yesterday they were the first ones and on the first day!  

Down stairs barn was RUNNING up the hill to the lodge.

After going through the barns yesterday around 12:15 I was headed back to the lodge and room Three  was already setting the lunch tables with no prompt from the counselors. I see the girls in the barns, with their roommates, and on their ponies (yes I do know that some of them are riding horses.  But I like to use pony and horse interchangeably and yes I know there is a difference.) and I am just blown away by them!

On Monday afternoon we did re-rides (there were only 5)!  We played slip and slide, made bracelets, and took Duncan, our mini donkey, Punch, and the goats, Kiwi and Bill, to the creek.  Last night everyone had ample time to shower while room one played tricks on their fellow campers by hiding each other in their suitcases and then trying to scare the older campers….oh room one.

When I reflect back to Sunday, I felt like it was a homecoming in more ways than one!  We had so many returning families! It was so nice to chat and catch up with you on what you have been up to over the past year!  And to my new families, either I had met you on tours,  through Mother Daughter Weekend, the Family Spring Fling weekend, or talked or emailed with you, it felt like we were old friends when I saw you.  We adore your children!

Best,
Becky Hawkes

Camp Director

No comments:

Post a Comment