Thursday, July 21, 2011

                                                                   July 21st, 2011
Dearest Camp Families and Farm Friends,
          I still have a great big smile on my face and a happy heart as I reflect back on our fun Saturday together.  I cannot believe the miles some of you traveled to join us. I think Kimber Haddix takes the cake, coming all the way from Missoula, Montana…as does Dr. and Mrs. Thomas who came up from Florida….To see Dr. Rev. Haddix down from Portland, Maine, our first ever board president and incorporator of Horse Power, looking so fit and fine low these many years later was an equal treat.  The list of former campers and parents and families just goes on and on.  I was moved, honored, grateful and just plain happy.  Thank you one and all for coming.  You make the event very special not only for me, but for my own kids, and for current campers.  I only wish we saw each other more.
          I want to put together a slideshow to post on our website of this event.  Several staff people and I are working on it so do be looking to see if you are in it!  I want to preserve the fun and festivities!  We will get this made soon and post it hopefully before next Monday.
          Now, let me get down to Earth a little bit to let you know that it is equally hot, hot, hot here at the farm.  We are taking special precautions for keeping everyone safe and sunscreened, well hydrated and happily engaged out of the roaring sun.  The horse show is still going to take place on Saturday.  The staff is finalizing the entry forms for the kids so we will do our best to let you know tonight when your child is riding.
          I will also ask Sarah to let you know how the show went yesterday. I was in Boston all day undergoing a procedure about an operation which might FOREVER CURE MY BREATHING ISSUES….All signs are looking good. Please keep your fingers crossed….And, for those of you who asked so nicely about my
Dad. He is turning the corner and I believe they will take out his breathing tube today…..and my Mom trotted down the road on Annie yesterday….so my family health issues are looking up.  I cannot WAIT to rejoin camp with gusto and will surely be there on Saturday.
          The only bad thing about Saturday is that it means that a lot of the kids are leaving….WHAT sweet, wonderful, hard working, fun and pleasant children you are raising. I hope you give yourselves a huge pat on the back……What terrific parenting which is creating terrific young women.  Wow, the world is not going to the dogs!!!
          Am off to Boston, but will write again shortly when all the entries are organized and times to ride determined. We can’t wait to see you….although maybe you could just leave your kids with us and we could do a ‘do over’ for this session!  I would love that!
                   Have a great day and know that I am smiling as I think of you and your family!  Warmly, Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment