Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pony Farm Session 4 Has Arrived!

Dear Camp Families,

AHHHHHH - Session 4 has arrived!  This is very exciting news for me, because session 4 is my favorite session.  I know I am not supposed to have favorites, but session 4 wins me over every time. 
 
Why? Well, mainly because by now, camp is operating like clockwork, and our already-great staff, counselors, and CITs are working together in tight-knit teams. It makes a camp director's heart very happy!
 
And if that weren't enough, session 4 also means it's time for our annual trip to Cheshire Fair! Not to mention swimming, riding (of course!), a trip to meet the Budweiser Clydesdales, the horseless horse show (OAPF), and on Saturday, a Touchstone Farm horse show -- with actual horses -- and so much more.

And this is just week 1!
I think I'm not the only one who loves session 4. On Sunday, I saw you all lining up early in your cars for drop-off. After we moved our truck and let you in, I saw campers running to greet one another!  
 
Waiting for camp to open for drop-off
Your girls are doing an amazing job of taking care of each other, the animals and the land.  There hasn't been a drop of homesickness, even the first night!  The campers were sitting and ready to go for our community meeting on Monday morning.  It was like I didn't even have to call it.

If you don't hear from me for a few days, it is because I am out playing at camp!
 
Time to play with Dunkin the donkey, Becky the mini-horse (no relation),
and the other small animals
 Session 4, I am so happy you are here!
 
Best,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment